Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Himalayas

Once again I am in the Himalayas, my favorite mountain range. Not the high peaks, these are a long way to the east, but today's trip took me to Chambra at 2000m. It's a long narrow road along the edge of the mountains that consists only of curves.

Chambra itself is a nice town, but I was lucky to get invited the a small village a hundred meters down a steep and narrow footpath. I got the grand tour; everyone in the village is related. Everything here is 300 years old, low pleasant houses built from wood and clay with no concrete anywhere. The view of the fields in the valley and the steep mountains around from the front porches is glorious. The houses rest on a ground floor tight was once use for animals, but is now storage. All the doors are very low.